Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Technology


Walt: make a toy

This term we have been learning about the mechanisms of toys. We got to make our own toy with simple things.

First of all we had to plan out the toy then finally if you had all your materials you could make your toy.

The toy that I made was a puppet car. At first my toy was a balloon car but it did not work. It broke very easily. Luckily, I got some help from a few of my friends. It took a very long time to fix it but in the end it came out alright.

I used 14 skewers, 10 straws, tape, string, your own controller, cardboard and 4 c.d’s. Some of the materials were hard to find, especially the skewers. My first project was very easy to make, but when it broke it was very difficult to fix, so I had to come with a new design.

Today, Mr. Hendricks chose the best projects. And they were Britney, Matthew and Mikayla. I think that he enjoyed every toy. But he could only choose three.

I would like to learn how could I use different mechanisms in different ways. And instead of making toys with simple materials maybe we could use electric things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Crystal I love your story and you did very well on car

Unknown said...

Hey Crystal I love your wheel axle it pretty nice

Post a Comment